Did you ever wonder whether you are a true Christian and have real salvation? Did you ever wonder whether you will make it to Heaven when you die? Is there a desire in your heart to know that you are truly saved? This tract is a good place to start.
Our desire is that your life would be blessed and changed through this tract ministry. As Christians one of our desires is to reach out to people and help them find and enjoy an actual living relationship with Jesus.
Salvation is deliverance from punishment for our sins and an entrance into a new life with Jesus Christ. It is deliverance from the guilt and pollution of sin in our lives. One who has been truly saved is currently alive in Jesus Christ with an assurance of present victory.
The following questions will help you to know where you are spiritually. It will either help you to realize that you are in need of salvation or that you are currently alive in Christ.
While some people may have great confidence in the knowledge of their own personal salvation, others sometimes struggle to keep their trust in Jesus after all He did for them. If you struggle with knowing whether you are saved, these questions, when answered with an honest heart, will strengthen and aid you in your assurance of present victory.
Assurance of Salvation Test
- Have you come to the realization of your own sinfulness and guilt before a just and holy God? If so, have you sought to be saved?
- Did you confess your sins to God and seek forgiveness? Did you admit that you are a sinner and that your “good works” are nothing but “filthy rags” in the sight of the Lord?
- Did you repent of your sins? This means a real desire from your heart to forsake all sin and that you really do not ever want to commit sin again. The Lord is very merciful and aware of our weakness and knows we cannot stop sinning without His help. However, we must have resolved within our soul that we really do not want to continue in our sins. The Lord Jesus accepts such a determination. True biblical repentance is then produced with the aid of the Holy Spirit bringing us to a place of separation from sin where God can accept us and adopt us into His family by the miracle of the new birth.
- Did the Holy Spirit bear witness with your spirit and let you know that you are God’s child? This is crucial. Without this experience of “regeneration,” one is not yet a Christian.
If you answered yes to questions 1-4, there is a good possibility you are saved; continue on to #5. If you could not answer yes to questions 1-4, there is a good possibility you are not saved. Proceed to the closing statements below this list of questions. If you are not saved, it is best to know now so that you know what you need to do and can find true salvation through Jesus Christ.
- Is your conscience still CLEAR since you were saved?
False Guilt vs. Conviction
False Guilt = no evidence, have not sinned, just guilty feelings. (feelings can deceive)
True Christ-led Conviction = feeling guilty and knowing you are guilty of sin. You’ve done the deed; you’ve committed the sin. (You need to repent and seek for forgiveness!)
- Does the Holy Spirit still bear witness with your spirit today? In prayer, reading the Bible, and while witnessing to others; do you still sense His presence in your soul?
- Do you keep His commandments by the grace of God and the enabling power of the Holy Spirit within you? Jesus said in John 15:10, “If ye keep my commandments, ye shall abide in my love; even as I have kept my Father’s commandments, and abide in his love.”
If you don’t, you cannot abide in Christ!
- Do you have a compelling desire to read God’s Word everyday? Do you have an understanding of the Word of God, whether it is in the Bible or the preaching of the Word? This may not be total understanding of all, but you get something that helps you move a little closer to God each day. God is not the author of confusion! God promises that the Holy Spirit will be our teacher. (Is He your teacher?)
- Do you have communion with God? That would be a real, live, vivid relationship with Jesus. That would mean that the presence of God is common in your worship time, your Bible reading, your walk in life, and your relationship to others.
- Do you desire to do all of God’s will for your life? If not, are you willing to let the Lord change your will to match His?
- Do you hunger and thirst after righteousness? Have you experienced the “destruction” of the old nature (Romans 6:6) and had your heart purified by faith (Acts 15:9)? If not, start seeking now because your “…carnal mind is enmity against God…” (Romans 8:7) and will lead you back into the bondage of sin unless it is cleansed from all unrighteousness!
Following these questions, if you found that you do not have assurance of salvation, pray until you do. Seek the Lord earnestly, forsake your sins, and ask that God would show you all the truth that you need to know to get to heaven. The devil would like to get you to think you have gone too far or that you are saved when you are still living in habitual sin. Jesus wants you to keep looking towards Him and be truly saved and sanctified. Remember that Jesus will forgive if you truly seek Him with all your heart!
If you found you are walking in the truths listed above, then rejoice in your assurance of salvation. You must have confidence in what Christ did for you, stand fast to the Truth, and let nothing shake you loose!
If you are looking for more information on salvation please call the number on the back of this tract or visit:
You can have Assurance of Salvation!
Everyone will meet Jesus on judgment day, but only the redeemed will enter in to Heaven. Where do you want to spend eternity? You can know! Salvation is available for everyone!
“The Lord is not slack concerning his promise, as some men count slackness; but is longsuffering to us-ward, not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance.” 2 Peter 3:9
“He that overcometh shall inherit all things; and I will be his God, and he shall be my son.” Rev. 21:7
A person may promise something and not deliver, but God always keeps His WORD.
Jesus Christ Loves You!
There is Victory over living in sin everyday, by Christ in you! Come taste that the Lord is Good and be free from your sins! Holiness unto the Lord is a true Christian’s way of life.
Need Spiritual Help?
Call 1 (866) 307-7746
OR Visit: FreedomGospel.com
FreedomGospel.com is a non-denominational website with basic Christian information to read, a directory of good Bible believing churches throughout the USA, and free sermons to listen to online.
To God be the Glory!
“Blessed are the pure in heart: for they shall see God.” Mt 5:8
Find some good sermons online at:
Check online for a solid Christian church near you: